49 Chambers Street
Financial District, NY
Constructed in 1912 by Raymond F. Almirall and formerly known as the Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank. 49-51 Chambers Street is now being converted into an 81 unit condominium according to plans filed with the Attorney General’s office. The units will come in one- to four-bedroom configurations with 215,711 square feet of residential space. Units will average 2,663 square feet a piece. Ground-floor retail is also part of the plan.